Senior Graphic Designer
With degrees in both graphic design and English under her belt, Wesleigh is a double threat when it comes to creating great design and brand communications for our clients. Her creativity, intuition and supportive nature make Wesleigh the perfect addition to every client team.
When tasked with graphically rebranding an organization, what kind of information do you use to develop a new, strong brand?
I've found that design is often about thinking in reverse - I start by learning how the organization wants to be known and who they want to be known by, and then work backwards to craft a brand that positions them that way. I'm also taking into consideration classic and current design trends, color theory, typography, and the organization's competitors.
What are some tips you have for turning an internship into a full-time position?
First, whatever it is that you do, do it well. Consistently producing good work can make you a very valuable asset. Second, no matter how good your work is, be open to critique and constructive criticism. Your coworkers have a lot of experience and knowledge you can learn from! And third, be diligent. If you're persistent in both your work and your work ethic your dedication to the company will show.
What is the most interesting thing you've learned while designing a client project?
We've been on an infographic kick recently and I've found myself learning lots of facts and tidbits about a wide range of clients. I love trivia, so this has been really fun and fascinating. My favorite at the moment is that in 2013, Ohio farmers grew enough corn if the ears were laid end to end it would reach to the moon and back 7 times. That's a lot of corn!
Blog Posts by Wesleigh
- Quirky Ohio: Free Stamp
- #QuirkyOhio: Groundhog Day Movie Marathon
- Should I Use Emojis In Office Email?
- 3 Reasons You Should Invest In Good Design
- #FHroadtrip: Mansfield
- Why Generational Marketing Matters
- 6 Things Designers Wish You Knew
- Logo Design Trends for 2016
- Facebook Tips: Anatomy of the New Page Layout
- How Color Psychology Influences Your Decisions
- #FHroadtrip: Hilliard
- Top 10 Sites for Free Stock Photos
- 4 Tips to Optimize Images for Social Media
- Does Your Website Promote Trust?
- Why Storytelling is Essential to PR
- 6 Counter-Intuitive Ways to Beat Creative Block
- Color of the Year Predictions
- The Rise of Emojis in Communications
- 5 Tips for Working Alongside Millennials
- Twitter Moments: What You Need to Know
- 5 Ways Fonts are Controlling
- Design Comebacks: When Trends Boomerang