In our work to solve our healthcare clients’ communications challenges, we frequently seek thoughts from industry leaders. These five insightful healthcare blogs offer fresh ideas not only on specific areas of medicine, but also technology, social media and the connections that link them.
- Blogger and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Bryan Vartabedian, M.D. considers his blog a sort of “sandbox” of ideas. I enjoy his reviews about advances in technology and how they change consumer behaviors.
- You can’t talk about social media and medicine without mentioning the Sharing Mayo Clinic Blog. They are building a community that is truly global in scale and one that shares medical milestones mixed with engaging stories-a model for healthcare communications tools that build trust.
- Howard Luks, M.D.’s blog is 100% focused on orthopedics and I often see his quotes and information shared on other blog sites. I like the clean design, straightforward approach and clarity. It’s a good model for those physicians we prod to become public thought leaders.
- I stumbled on the OMNI Medical Marketing blog while searching for a specific solution to a technology problem. It offers a number of constructive ideas you can put in place immediately.
- One last blog from KevinMD offers quick reads on trend topics that range from medicine to social media and everything in between.
What healthcare marketing blogs and information resources do you value? Tell us in the comments below or over on Facebook.